The PhD candidates must fulfill the following conditions to be eligible as PhD candidate for NeuroTrans:
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- At the date of commencing their employment, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers, including any period of research training. The time is measured from the date when the PhD candidate obtained the first degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the PhD candidate is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
- At the time of recruitment be in possession of a university degree that allows for enrolling in a PhD programme, but have not completed a PhD. Being already enrolled in a PhD programme (unfinished) does not constitute an exclusion criterium. Date of commencing their employment means the first day of the employment of the PhD candidate (i.e. the starting date indicated in the employment contract or equivalent direct contract).
- PhD candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting university of company for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. This time is measured from the date of signing the employment contract. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
- Have a Master’s degree (or an equivalent diploma allowing to pursue a PhD) in the fields as requested for each NeuroTrans projects. See further details for each project in the Specific Recruitment Criteria page.
- The PhD candidate can be of any nationality.
The eligibility criteria for the individual protect can be found under Specific Recruitment Criteria.
See further details in the Guide for Applicants Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Networks.